NVidia Drivers

Major Disaster 12:21 11 Jul 05

Hey
I have a Nvidia Geforce MX420 video card (if you can call it that). I have recently has troubles with some of the drivers for it and after one driver download from the windows update site caused the screen to muck up (52.16). I was wondering as yet there is another driver out (77.72) how do you go about installing it properlly. Should i remove all previous drivers? Or is there some freeware out there that can sort this out for me? Thanks for any help

Diemmess 13:24 11 Jul 05

Have you tried this link? click here
The site tries to match OS to card and allow downloading of your choice.

Diemmess 13:34 11 Jul 05

The second part of your question........At least disable the existing drivers (be ready for an ugly default screen!)

If Nvidia or GeForce are in Windows add / remove, (no sign of them in mine,) it can't do anything bad to uninstall these before loading the new drivers.

You may be able to do more via the Desktop >rightclick >Properties> Settings >Advanced at least to check there's no mistakes there.

Diemmess 13:41 11 Jul 05

and put this thread out out of its pain. I didn't realise you had an identical one running.

Major Disaster 20:43 11 Jul 05

Sorry didnt post. I will continue this thread in the other post (clicked begin topic for discussion twice accidentally)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…