Nvidia drivers

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 17:35 24 Oct 03

Hi,has any 1 tried the nvidia forceware drivers,and does any one know if they are any good ?

Regards

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 17:40 24 Oct 03

click here hope that right link supposed to be better than the detonator ones.

Jester2K II 17:58 24 Oct 03

Is Forceware the new name for Detonators or is this a new branch of drivers???

Tried the 52.16 XP last night. Got "Critcal Errors" when accessing the Display Properites..... Bless you Goback 3....

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:02 24 Oct 03

I think detonator is still the main name,dont know if they will change to forceware or not,or if this a new driver all together.

Regards.

powerless 18:02 24 Oct 03

Forceware includes a firewall ;-)) i'll have you know.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:03 24 Oct 03

any 1 tried em lol

Jester2K II 19:12 24 Oct 03

Firewall? I heard the NView System tray icon had a Popup stopper! But a Firewall???

powerless 23:07 24 Oct 03

click here

"NVIDIA Personal Firewall
NVIDIA personal firewall technology, a software-based solution at the driver level, provides support for stateful and stateless firewall inspection. The NVIDIA approach is highly optimized at the driver level to provide excellent protection with minimal CPU performance penalty. The NVIDIA personal firewall supports features formerly available only in high-end firewall devices."

Jester2K II 10:23 25 Oct 03

I notice next week they are adding a new Operating System to the drivers... Warp Drive in Spring 2004!!!

Legolas 10:35 25 Oct 03

I have downloaded and installed them, they seem to give you more options in controlling your picture quality. I dont see anything about a firewall though.

Legolas 10:38 25 Oct 03

At the bottom of the page you link to Powerless

'COMING SOON! NVIDIA Security features will be implemented in the next NVIDIA driver release.'

So i,m not sure if it means these security features will not be included till the next driver release.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…