nvidia drivers

pat2068 00:34 14 Oct 03

could anyone tell me how to inatall the drivers after i download them win xp home thanks mary

soy 00:40 14 Oct 03

The way I do it is to simply install the driver over the old one. I've never had any problems with this.

The right method is to unistall your old drivers first via 'Add/Remove programs'. Look for nVidia display driver. Your PC will reboot and upon startup, windows will default to a basic video driver (Your screen will look wierd becuase of low resolution and colour). Then you simply install the new driver. It will reboot again, and upon restart the desktop will be at a low resolution but you can change these settings via desktop properties.

pat2068 15:05 14 Oct 03

bump

Jester2K II 15:31 14 Oct 03

Why bump?

The answer is there in soy's post!

John Ross 15:49 14 Oct 03

I hear nvidia are on the point of releasing version 50 of their Detonator driver.
It might be worth waiting a few days until this comes out.
However, there seems to be much debate over how good the newer driver really is. I wonder what the experts on the forum think about this.
also, how much pint there is updating if not using DirectX 9b?

pat2068 16:04 14 Oct 03

the problem is when i go into nview all the boxex are grayed out and i dont know if it is inatalled corectely i have never installed drivers before amd dont know what do or if i need to do anything thanks mary

wossie 16:14 14 Oct 03

You might have to unzip them to a folder eg. nvidia 41.09 then go to that folder and click on setup and you are away for slates. Uninstall the old ones first. Just note that the latest drivers disable your DVD Rom when playing Copy Protected DVD's if you have TV out from your graphics card enabled.

John Ross 22:32 15 Oct 03

Does this mean I will not be able to play my DVDs via the TV if I update the driver :
I use SVHS to connect computer and TV ?
Do you know the reason why nVidia have done this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…