nvidia driver instal problem

MD__ 10:21 06 Jan 03
  MD__ 10:21 06 Jan 03

I am trying to get FIFA 2003 to work properly and as per their advice downloaded the latest driver for my graphics card. My card is
Video Card : NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro
Video Driver : nvdisp.drv
Driver Version : 4.13.01.2832
It downloaded fine and goes thro the instal procedure ok until the final part wehn it asks if you wish to restart the computer to end the install. when i type in yes the following message comes up " An installation support file could not be removed unspecified error"
I have never updated the driver before and have had the computer for 22 months. Does this mean the driver is still old. FIFA 2003 does still not run smoothly, any advice would be gratefully received, thanks in advance

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:25 06 Jan 03

I think the latest driver cersion is 41,09 of Nvidia site.

MD__ 10:34 06 Jan 03

the one i downloaded is called 41,09, it is that one i having the problem with

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:43 06 Jan 03

Did you turn virus checker off before install ?
Why do you have to type yes to restart when i installed it,i clicked on yes button to restart
You could try uninstalling old driver first in add/remove booting with generic VGA driver and then updateing that driver through devie manager.

MD__ 10:56 06 Jan 03

Thanks for the response, i meant click on the yes button. I have tried it turning zone alarm off, same problem. Is there any chance of a more detailed version of how to uninstal the current driver before installing the new one, i'm a bit thick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…