nvidia driver

s-256399 14:31 19 Mar 03

i have installed & uninstalled driver update for 34nvidia tnt 64 graphics card so many times in have lost count each time i update, my pc either freezes with mouse & sometimes mouse still moves . ctrl,alt & del does not work at all so i restart on machine. i need to update card as some games are not working

davidg_richmond 14:41 19 Mar 03

i used to have this problem when i had a creative soundblaster live soundcard working with my AOpen Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 card. there was an incompatibility problem that was only solved by removing this card. do you have it or something similar?

powerless 14:44 19 Mar 03

Uninstall the card via Device Manager.

Restart the computer and as its restarting tap the F8 key. Choose SAFE MODE, install the drivers from there.

MartinT-B 16:56 19 Mar 03

nVidia suggest

Uninstall orginal using Add/remove

Go to Device manager and install a standard windows VGA adaptor for your PC

Clear all temp folders and defrag if necessary

Load in new driver

s-256399 17:20 19 Mar 03

i have creative soundblaster pci 128

s-256399 21:40 19 Mar 03

i have tried advice from MartinT-B & Powerless but still have the same problem so id like to try suggestion from davidg_richmond, does this mean i need to buy a new sound card? if so which one & if not what exactly do i need to do?

AndySD 22:20 19 Mar 03

click here as long as you are using 95/98/me then try again.

davidg_richmond 00:28 20 Mar 03

just remove the soundcard and test it again - if it works fine, put the soundcard back but into another slot and try again. failing that, change the card. but as its a different one, i doubt you have the same problem.

please detail other system specs - motherboard make / model, tnt2 board make (nvidia only make the chips) and windows version should do.

szk2003 01:22 20 Mar 03

is the tnt card pci or agp? if it's pci then as far as i know u shouldn't put them next to each other as this could of cost the problem.

kelly_YX 03:02 20 Mar 03

s-256399 16:26 20 Mar 03

i have now restored pc after trying most of advice accept remove card as i have never disasembled a pc so will avoid if possible but here is detail
windws me,900amd athlon, 256 ram, 40gb hard drive,msi 6191 mainboard,i dont know what tnt board is how do i find that i have si soft sandra but im obviously not too bright about computers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…