nVidia detonator drivers

Templar1961 19:54 20 Mar 03

I have been given the following advice regarding click here

"However the most common reason for this message is caused by device drivers installed on the system, the most common driver that can cause this issue is the nVidia detonator drivers for your graphics card. You could try either updating the driver, or more likely to install version 12.41 of the drivers."

Why should I choose version 12.41 as opposed to the latest version?

How easy is it to revert to my original settings if the update doesn't work?

Templar1961 23:56 20 Mar 03

refresh - for the night shift?

AndySD 00:14 21 Mar 03

There is no reason not to go for the latest drivers.

But if all your getting is a report in Event Viewer.... and the pc is running as you want it to ..then just leave it as it is.

Templar1961 10:38 21 Mar 03

The problem is a failure to resume from standby that occurs intermittently.

The report in event viewer after a failure is repeated on boot up every day. I was originally told a BIOS update should fix it - now I am told it could be a driver problem!

I guess it may be a process of elimination - but I am willing to try anything within reason to fix it, provided it can be undone if it doesn't work.

jazzypop 11:37 21 Mar 03

If you go to click here you will find just about every nvidia driver ever released. Just set a system restore point, and install whichever version you want to, following the instructions precisely.

If it does not fix your problem, either select another version and try again, or use either the roll-back driver or system rerstore feature of XP.

Templar1961 19:19 21 Mar 03

How do I determine what nVidia drivers are currently installed?

Spook Tooth 19:48 21 Mar 03

Right click the desktop, select:

Properties/Settings Tab/Advanced

Adapter Tab/Properties

Driver Tab and it'll tell you the driver supplier, driver date and driver VERSION

Mine are 40.72s as that's what seems to work best for my system.

The latest are 43.30s I think. Lastly, it will tell you if there is a digital signature from Microsoft, declaring the Hardware drivers as quality tested and cause no conflicts with Windows... WHQL.

Templar1961 20:18 21 Mar 03

NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX400

Driver Date: 07/09/2001

Driver Version:

Should I update?

Templar1961 11:18 22 Mar 03

Templar1961 15:48 22 Mar 03

powerless 15:50 22 Mar 03

No harm in trying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…