Nvidia card unistall

matt1234 21:32 21 Jun 04

hi

im having driver problems with me geforce4 440 go 64m drivers so ive had enough can i just uninstall the card and windows will pick it back up and install its drivers or is it not that easy

matt

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:44 21 Jun 04

There are a new set of drivers for all Nvidia cards on the microsoft update site. 12.5 meg I'm afraid.

matt1234 21:46 21 Jun 04

plz give me the link ive got BB

gudgulf 22:00 21 Jun 04

click here

or click here

for NVidia drivers.The ones on the microsoft update site are quite old.

matt1234 16:34 22 Jun 04

hi

all i really wanted to know that is it possible to unistall the card from windows and it will pick it up putting the basic drivers in or will it be a bit harder than that

PSF 16:38 22 Jun 04

Yes you can, remove the card from the device manager and re-boot. You will then need the newer drivers after for the card to function well.

PSF 16:40 22 Jun 04

to remove all the drivers use detonator destroyer click here
When you re-boot you will need your Windows cd or graphics card drivers handy.

Daz35 16:46 22 Jun 04

I had to do the same thing recently, and as PSF says if you un-install the card in device manager and re-boot, when you boot back up it should automatically find the hardware (in XP) and re-install it for you.

You might have to make a few changes to your screen resolution and icon size etc.

After I did this I checked to make sure there weren't any updates for the drivers (there weren't for mine) and everything was fine

matt1234 20:52 22 Jun 04

well the reason is that the new drivers i have got for it have totally made my machine unstable so i have started start again in reinstalling drivers on it

PSF 21:02 22 Jun 04

Use the detonator destroyer to remove all traces of the drivers.

Did you un-install the old drivers, if you did not that is what could have caused the problems.

To be sure un-install the drivers in the control panel>> do not re-boot>> un-install the card from the device manager>> do not re-boot>> run detonator destroyer then re-boot>> Windows will find the new hardware, stop the install, manually install the drivers then re-boot. Re-set the display size and resolution and hopefully you should then be ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…