Nvidia card fan

JACC 11:16 20 Jul 05

My pc has started to freeze after the kids have been playing games for approx 30-45 mins . I've downloaded MM5 and the case and cpu temps are fine ( case 39c cpu 43c)Cpu goes up to 50c when gameplaying . I took a look at the graphics card and the fan was quite stiff to turn so i cleaned it out and is a bit freer but nopt turning loosely . Have i just answered my own post ? A new graphics card probably ? The card is Nvidia FX 5600LX 256mbram AGP

jimv7 11:20 20 Jul 05

If the fan is 1 of those that are held on by screws, take it off and go to maplins, they stock a good range of fans, unless you want a new graphics card.

JACC 11:26 20 Jul 05

Thanks jimv7 will give it a look.

DieSse 11:28 20 Jul 05

New fans for graphics cards click here

Doesn't need to be a great fan for a budget card - but much cheaper than a new card

JACC 11:33 20 Jul 05

Thankyou DieSse

Belatucadrus 15:37 20 Jul 05

And click here these show illustrations of the product, I fitted a Vantec iceberg click here to an old Voodoo card, does the job extremely well, even if it is the cheapest one you can get.
Probably an idea to see how easy it is to remove the existing fan before buying a replacement. Clip on ones are easy, anything glued on with thermal cement is going to be much harder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…