Nvidia 8600m GS driver updates

raziel08 11:59 21 Jan 09

After going through various sites to find some new drivers for my laptop graphics card i was able to find some. However after dowloading and installing them it rebooted as it was supposed to but my media player refused to function properly stating that there was a problem with the new drivers. After doing a system restore to before i updated them this problem was fixed however i now find that my driving theory discs will crash and the problem is to do with the graphic drivers. My games still work. can anyone one help ?

kindly 12:13 21 Jan 09

I would try going to the device manager and right clicking on the graphics card then used the "roll back driver" button to see where that got me.

crosstrainer 12:18 21 Jan 09

Here is the official driver site for your card:

Download and install the latest drivers from the official site.

click here

raziel08 12:19 21 Jan 09

ok thanks will try that. However after going back to the acer website and the driver page i noticed that there was another set of drivers which required service pack 1 which i had recently installed. Could this be the source of my problem? have i downloaded the incorrect drivers?

crosstrainer 12:22 21 Jan 09

The Nvidia drivers are your best bet. Remove all old ones prior to installation of the new ones.

raziel08 12:32 21 Jan 09

Hi yeah i was first directerd to the official Nvidia site however after asking it to automatically detect for new drivers it reported that as it was a acer product i could only get the new drivers from the acer website. So do i have to delete the old drivers before i install the new ones or will they be automatically deleted? if i have to delete them manually how can i get to them so that i can back them up just in case?

crosstrainer 12:51 21 Jan 09

Delete them, and install the new ones ignore the Acer warnings they will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…