Nvidia 8600m GS driver updates

raziel08 11:59 21 Jan 09

After going through various sites to find some new drivers for my laptop graphics card i was able to find some. However after dowloading and installing them it rebooted as it was supposed to but my media player refused to function properly stating that there was a problem with the new drivers. After doing a system restore to before i updated them this problem was fixed however i now find that my driving theory discs will crash and the problem is to do with the graphic drivers. My games still work. can anyone one help ?

kindly 12:13 21 Jan 09

I would try going to the device manager and right clicking on the graphics card then used the "roll back driver" button to see where that got me.

crosstrainer 12:18 21 Jan 09

Here is the official driver site for your card:

Download and install the latest drivers from the official site.

click here

raziel08 12:19 21 Jan 09

ok thanks will try that. However after going back to the acer website and the driver page i noticed that there was another set of drivers which required service pack 1 which i had recently installed. Could this be the source of my problem? have i downloaded the incorrect drivers?

crosstrainer 12:22 21 Jan 09

The Nvidia drivers are your best bet. Remove all old ones prior to installation of the new ones.

raziel08 12:32 21 Jan 09

Hi yeah i was first directerd to the official Nvidia site however after asking it to automatically detect for new drivers it reported that as it was a acer product i could only get the new drivers from the acer website. So do i have to delete the old drivers before i install the new ones or will they be automatically deleted? if i have to delete them manually how can i get to them so that i can back them up just in case?

crosstrainer 12:51 21 Jan 09

Delete them, and install the new ones ignore the Acer warnings they will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac