nVidia 6200 PCI, compared with AGP/PCI-E versions?

Cybermaxx 19:38 27 Oct 05

Okay, this isn't for my PC, but just how well do you reckon this card would perform compared with the (128MB) AGP and PCI Express versions? I already have benchmarks for the PCI Express version. Would it run at, say, 75% of the speed of that version, or ...?

Here it is

click here#

I know someone who could use a good PCI card, and this could be the only half decent one on the market. What do you lot reckon to it?

Cybermaxx 20:24 01 Nov 05

A belated bump! Someone must know the answer......

Skills 23:30 01 Nov 05

I dont know in real world terms how that GPU would perform but look at it from this aspect.

The PC in question is using onboard I take it or another older PCI card, this card will certainly be better than those and would offset the processing and RAM used up in the current system for graphics based work.

Splork 23:33 01 Nov 05

Thats bottom of the range for GF6, the performance compared to PCIE and AGP isnt' an issue, I doubt it would tax either interface

007al 00:36 02 Nov 05

agpx8...pci e x16...it would be the best pci card,but wouldnt compare in speed to the other two.

Cybermaxx 12:10 19 Nov 05

In the end it didn't matter, because the fellow has decided not to bother with games (because he hasn't got the time, apparently). Dammit, people should make time for games!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…