NVidia 5950 Ultra - Loud or not?

Jester2K 12:01 18 Feb 04

If the fan is the NVidia 5950 Ultra loud or not?

I know there was a problem with the 5800 being excessively loud (even to the point someone made a video taking the proverbial - NVidia didn't mind and admitted they made a mistake thinking gamers would put up with excessive noise for a gain in performance) but doies this plague the 5950 Ultra too?

JIM 12:25 18 Feb 04

They say?

The card is covered with a very nice new cooling solution, again very silent yet very effective, the solid metal sink covers the graphics core and memory.(long review)23 pages,but interesting.

click here

Aint seen you in exiled-gamers for a while :D

Anyhow, for most of these new card's i would be tempted to get a water cooling kit for them.

Purely because i reckon that it is a lot more effiecient on most of the card's nowaday's rather than the air cooled.

But i would think that you can get different fans for them anyway.

Gaz 25 15:31 18 Feb 04

Looks like you are up for some Video card modding. ;-)

Jester2K 16:21 18 Feb 04

JIM- cheers for the review. I was part way through reading it so i'll start again in case i missed anything.

Pilch - This card isn't for me (although hopefully in some future project involving a 3 Ghz P4, 1 gig DDR etc etc - maybe ;-)

The reason i asked was the cooler seemsed to be smaller than that used on the 5800 so was wondering if this was going to be louder..

I'll pass the review on...

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…