nVidea GeForce Video Cards

haricot 10:00 26 Sep 07

I was quoted for a 512MB one of these.

I was invoiced a 256MB one. As it was pre-installed how can I tell what one I actually have without taking it out (cos I'm not qualifed ! )

I need to know if I have been diddled or not.

Any assistance on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

haricot 10:01 26 Sep 07

sorry I forgot to add ...it is a 8300GS

Ta

harps1h 10:15 26 Sep 07

to find this information, right click on an empty part of your desktop. Click on the settings tab, advanced tab (bottom right). Once there select the adapter tab and the information of the card is displayed there including the cards memory

harps1h 10:18 26 Sep 07

if you were quoted for a 512 and was invoiced only for a 256, how do you figure you were "diddled"?? if you were quoted for a 256 then invoiced for a 512, that would mean you were misquoted

haricot 10:32 26 Sep 07

Hi harps1h

Thanks for coming back. I tried your advice but I did not get a settings tab ! I've got Vsta, Would that make a difference. Is there any other way ?

I was quoted for a 512 ie, that is what I paid for.

When I took delivery the delivery note showed that they had supplied a 256. surely that is is
"diddle" is'nt it ?

i think it's up to 512mb with shared memory click here

haricot 10:58 26 Sep 07

Hi Adman2

It looks as if you've hit the nail on the head.
I understand what your response said and it looks
just the same experience I had except I have not been back to Dell yet.

I have 2 Gb of RAM but being a bit dumb about matters computer I am not sure either, if I can do the bios thing but I may know a man who can.

Thanks for your help and insight on this. I am much obliged

if it came installed i would maybe leave the bios alone, just get the latest drivers click here
i would be very surprised if it is not set up correctly.

haricot 11:56 26 Sep 07

Thanks adman2 for that . I'll have a go.

Much appreciated.

Snec 17:40 26 Sep 07

download Everest (it's free) from click here

Run Everest and look under Display > Windows Video and you can see which card you have, under Device Description.

harps1h 22:06 26 Sep 07

did you do as i told you earler? all the information is there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…