Nvidea geforce fx5200 - setting output to DVI

Scooronimudge 23:09 17 Nov 03

Recently purchased a new pc with the above graphics card (specifically because it has DVI output)

Have an LG1710B that has both 'standard' vga and DVI inputs.

Plan was to connect old pc to monitor via vga and new pc via DVI so that (with a spare mouse and keyboard) I could easily swap between the two PC's whilst setting the new one up (to give time to transfer files and settings etc)

Problem is I can't find where to set the new card to output via DVI. Basic manual shows a screen shot of a 'device setings' page where it is done but I've been through all of the menu/tab options and can't find it.

Any help would alleviate my present state of frustration (as I know it can be done but can't blooming well find out how)

Thanks in advance

Scooronimudge

keenan 23:41 17 Nov 03

Your 'graphics card' has 2 outputs connect the 'dvi'output to the 'dvi'input of the monitor using the supplied 'dvi' cable supplied - it should not be necessary to configure this as the output is already 'digital'.

Scooronimudge 00:03 18 Nov 03

Keenan,

Did exactly that (e.g DVI output from card to DVI input on monitor) but when pc was booted up got nothing on the screen (even after pressing 'source' selection button to switch between 2 input options)

Then conected standard vga type monitor cable and was able to get a display.

Therefore deduced that there was some 'setting' on the graphics card that was not correct. Hence the original post

Any other options that I can try

Thanks

Scooronimudge

keenan 00:44 18 Nov 03

Just checked the setup on my LG 1810B and it reads
'preset DVi', double check on your' menu' setting
that its set to 'dvi' input.
load your monitor software to ensure the drivers are installed & do same for 'graphics 'card.
Also click/Start/control panel/Appearance & themes/Display/settings/advanced- this will give you options for checking and troubleshooting card & monitor.
signing off now but theres a link click here=
for info about your graphics card .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…