NVIDEA GEFORCE FX 5200 128MB GRAPHICS PROBLEMS

NORGAD 17:07 14 Jan 08

I have two problems with my new graphics card and I cannot find any answers.
1/ Every time the computer boots up it advises new hardware requires installation but using the disc supplied it does not complete it and advises a fault.
2/ Scroll with mouse or pageup/pagedown buttons causes the computer to beep and is not smooth and refreshes each screen with a line going up.
Anyone any ideas?
Norgad

Devil Fish 17:14 14 Jan 08

what operating system are you running

NORGAD 17:22 14 Jan 08

I am using windows XP SP2 on a Mesh AMD Athlon XP 1900+ with 512mb ram

Coupon 17:26 14 Jan 08

Download and install latest drivers from click here

Devil Fish 17:27 14 Jan 08

try the latest driver direct from nvidia download it it may take some time depending on your connection

when the download is complete double click the file and follow the on screen instructions

click here

PSF 17:28 14 Jan 08

Did you remove the drivers from the old card first?

NORGAD 17:59 14 Jan 08

I removed the old drivers and have used the downloaded latest driver from the web site plus DirectX 9. Also unloaded new drivers, re-installed the card and started again to no avail.

Devil Fish 18:28 14 Jan 08

does the machine also have an onboard graphic chip

PSF 18:40 14 Jan 08

Did you have a graphics card before, was it an ATI card or NVIDIA?

Do you have the motherboard driver cd that came with your pc? If you do re-install the motherboard drivers. That will re-install your AGP drivers for the motherboard.

If you click start>>>> run.. type dxdiag in the box click display tab... you can then see if Direct Draw, Direct 3D aceleration and AGP texture aceleration are all enabled. They can be tested from there as well.

STREETWORK 18:57 14 Jan 08

you should remove the old ATI card software using the ATI removal tool as the uninstall will leave junk behind. Then install the new card, reboot and cncel any prompts to install new hardware. Then put in the disk for the new card and install it, then reboot again...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…