nvcpl??

Taw® 19:01 09 Dec 03

Have recently installed the nvidia drivers for a gforce 2 mmx running xp. When going to display properties >settings.advanced and selecting the gforce tab a little box appears with warning triangle and the box is headed "nvcpl" with an ok in the middle. It wont let me do anything but press the ok this also closes the display properties. Hence I cant get in to the settings??

Diodorus Siculus 21:31 09 Dec 03

Is there anything in the Control Panel that you can look at? Generally speaking, cpl refers to a control panel applet and nv may refer to Nvidia.

a re-install of the nvidia driver's and softare?

Chegs ® 07:05 10 Dec 03

I went to change display properties and got the nvcpl error.Restarted puter and the prob disappeared.Have you tried similar?

Taw® 22:36 11 Dec 03

tried botththese options to no joy. however after a re install the nvdia manage is on the taskbar and allows me to use it from there. But thenvcpl keeps coming up when trying to access it through display properties

Jester2K II 07:55 12 Dec 03

Did you uninstall the old drivers first?

What version have you just installed?

What was the old version?

JIM 08:12 12 Dec 03

going to display properties settings,advanced and selecting the adapter tab then, properties drivers and roll back driver can sort it out.

Jakey boy 08:53 12 Dec 03

Website, and download version 53.04 for XP. This is the very latest driver, and fixes all kinds of problems across the range. Worth a try!

Jakey boy 08:55 12 Dec 03

It's 53.03 for XP!

Taw® 15:34 12 Dec 03

Jester sorry for the delay it was ver 5.2.16 and I did not uninsytall the old driver. im off to work but I will try the updated driver. Im always unsure about uninstalling the old drivers, do i uninstall and then restart and then Install the new drivers? or do I uninstall and install right away? Help appreciated I will return here tomorrow evenig.

rickf 15:37 12 Dec 03

It seems there is your prob, not uninstalling the old before installing the new one. Start again from scratch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…