Numeric passkey for my computer

yapstan 20:02 03 Jul 10

When trying to pair my mobile phone via bluetooth,Blackberry 9700, iam asked to enter a passkey for my PC entered a series of random numbers but will not accept.Can anyone please tell me what i am doing wrong With thanks.

MAT ALAN 20:08 03 Jul 10

It should show on one of your devices, if this is not the case type in 0000 (4 zeros) see what happens...

yapstan 20:21 03 Jul 10

Hi Mat have tried that and other numbers but still says on my phone unable to pair with pc enter passkey

MAT ALAN 20:24 03 Jul 10

other forum suggests 00000 or 1111

Have to say 0000 is usually a default paskey for items like this...

yapstan 21:18 03 Jul 10

Still no luck, not sure if i have given a passkey previously for the PC to pair with something else but i cannot remember it is there a way round this to start afresh

MAT ALAN 21:27 03 Jul 10

I don't know of any method of reset there is one more number to try which is 1999.
If that does not work i am at a loss.
If you enter 10 wrong codes your BB is supposed to wipe all info on it, (you are prompted when this is going to happen)

yapstan 21:46 03 Jul 10

Hi Mat the problem is with the passkey for the PC have just tried another phone and that is asking for a passkey which, i don't have. will not pair with anything until i get the right set of numbers

MAT ALAN 21:50 03 Jul 10

might work...

Disable Bluetooth passkey
Open the bluetooth control panel applet.
Go to the "Options" tab

Check - Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer
Check - Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer
Un-Check - Alert me whenever a new Bluetooth device wants to connect
Check - Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area

mgmcc 22:10 03 Jul 10

On the occasions that I have paired a phone with a PC, I have had to enter a number (which I create) into the PC's Bluetooth application and then enter that same number into the phone. There has never been a pre-existing default passkey.

yapstan 22:56 03 Jul 10

mgmcc that is the problem ithink sometime ago i must have put in a key and now it will not except a new one.Tried that Mat no go i'm afraid

MAT ALAN 23:06 03 Jul 10

apart from hardwiring your device

click here

might help...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…