numbers in excel

cfcnick 11:13 15 Dec 03

Hi there

I have looked through the search facility but can't find the answer to my problem.
In excel no matter how I change the setup for numbers, they always go in to 2 decimal points. For example if I just type in the number 1, it comes out as 0.01, so for me to actually get the number 1 on its own, I have to type 1.00 and then it will change itself to 1. If I format the cell to 0 decimal places and type in 1, it comes out as 0. Hope someone can held as it is causing major problems with my son's GCSE work.

Thank

Big Elf 11:26 15 Dec 03

In Tools, Options, Edit ensure that a tick is not in the 'Fixed Decimal Places' box.

cfcnick 12:34 15 Dec 03

Thanks Big Elf, you must be very busy this time of year but it was good of you to take time out to solve my problem.

Big Elf 12:38 15 Dec 03

I once did it myself and then sat there puzzled for a long time wondering what I'd done in the last few hours that would cause that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…