Number of simultaneous downloads

daba 23:27 08 Aug 06

Many moons ago I set the maximum number of simultaneous internet downloads. until today everything has been fine, but it appears to have reverted to 2.

does anyone know where the setting is, because I have completely forgotten, and can't find it anywhere..

FelixTCat 23:31 08 Aug 06

daba,

Do you use a download manager? That is likely to be the cause of the limit.

Regards,

felix

daba 23:35 08 Aug 06

no d/l manager, simply windows standard "save target as" - and i had previously increased the number of simultaneous d/l's to 16.

old age prevents me remembering how to do it

ed-0 23:41 08 Aug 06

We used to use " maxconnectionsperserver" in98se regedit.

click here

daba 23:54 08 Aug 06

thanks ed-0, i seem to recall that was like what i did so long ago, done the mods, i'll give it a try and start new thread if no joy.

daba 00:11 09 Aug 06

not effective - i will do some more tests, it could be the remote site limiting me - i'll come back later if i still have problems

Jak_1 00:12 09 Aug 06

With xp the simultaneous 'save as' dl limit is 2 by default. As far as I am aware this can not be altered but I stand to be corrected.

VoG II 07:35 09 Aug 06
  ed-0 07:42 09 Aug 06

That IS max connections per server @ 23.41

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stuartli 09:27 09 Aug 06

The tweak is also available at:

click here

and

click here

Sethhaniel 10:21 09 Aug 06

usually 1st instance downloads 4 files at a time
if you open second instance of ie you get two more downloads -and then open another IE and get two more downloads - each further ie gets two downloads -

sometimes it glitches to two from each instance ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…