Number of PCI ports?

Dipso 22:37 20 Sep 03

Can I find out how many PCI ports I have without opening the case? I will do if it's the only way but wondered if there's any other way. I have checked the system info from the manufacturer but no joy. I bought the PC 3 years ago and it was my first PC so I didn't know to ask about stuff like this then. I have AIDA 32 and Belarc Advisor but can't seem to find anything with them?

Djohn 22:47 20 Sep 03

If you let us know the make/model of PC, or motherboard, then someone will have the info. you require. j.

slipping the panel off the side would involve less effort than typing this answer, and almost certainly the easiest way to find out, you wouldnt even have to turn the machine off but i think it would be best if you do. Aida 32 will probably tell you what your board is so you go to the manufacturers website and download the manual/datasheet for it

Gandalph 22:52 20 Sep 03

There are normally 3 ISA and 4 PCI slots on older motherboards.

Dipso 22:53 20 Sep 03

It's a Time 501VO4GB3, Athlon 750. Board: MSI MS-6316. Thanks.

DieSse 22:55 20 Sep 03

Opening the case and looking IS the easiest way - and what's more you cannot misinterpret the answer, or have any software make a mistake.

If you really need to know, it can only be because you want to add another device - and that will MAKE you open the case - so can't see the problem really.

its taken longer to find this than it would take to open the case but heres a link to the manual,

click here

Djohn 23:26 20 Sep 03

click here link to manual, think it's the same as horiz5's link. [5 PCI slots]

Dipso 23:29 20 Sep 03

Thanks horiz5. I've downloaded the manual and it looks like I've got 3 slots. Now to figure out what's in them. Thanks for your help everyone I appreciate it.

Dipso 23:34 20 Sep 03

Your link is different and as you say suggests 5 slots. Looks like I'm gonna have to open up afterall!

Djohn 23:38 20 Sep 03

My link is the same, but to the quick install guide, if you look at page 7 & 8 it clearly shows 5 slots. Regards. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…