number generator

Mankster 19:59 29 May 03

Does anyone know of any software for??
I Am putting a company logo on cd labels as well as other details,and what i am after is to generate serial numbers from 00000 to 01000 ,I have used easy cd for making the labels and the only way i can do this is by altering the text for each label one at a time and for 1000 labels and more in the future it will take forever,
hope you can understand my question.

jazzypop 21:44 29 May 03

There are several options.

One is dependent on you having MS Word, and having a basic understanding of mail merge. If so, click here and choose one of the CD labels. Choose to 'Edit in MS Word', and insert a mail merge field within a text box, positioned wherever you want on the label.

Then merge in a list of records containing just the entries from 00001 to 01000 (or whatever).

Obviously, you would need to change the default template to one that showed your company logo, software title etc.

Fairly straightforward if you have the software and the knowledge.

Mankster 21:52 29 May 03

Cheers m8 Thanks for your reply, but it seems what i want dosn't exsist,which when i think about it is not logical,i just wondered how printers do it "printing companies" They must use somesort of template that generates athe next number automaticaly
Thanks anyway .

Belatucadrus 22:03 29 May 03
  jazzypop 22:03 29 May 03

As I said, there are several options - here's two more ...

click here

click here

Pesala 23:03 29 May 03

Easy CD Label Creator cannot do what you want, but lots of programs can. Any DTP program can be used to make labels, and page numbering can be used to add sequential numbering.

I doubt whether it would take you very long to redesign the label in Serif Page Plus. Adding the page numbers is a bit tricky as you would need three different master pages:

1. For labels 0001 to 0009

2. For labels 0010 to 0099

3. For labels 0100 to 0999

4. For labels 1000 to 9999

By putting everything on the master page, you need only one copy of the design, then you insert hundreds of pages to get the sequential numbers. In Page Plus it took me about five minutes to make a CD insert with sequential numbers from a predesigned template. I would always design my own though, which would take a few hours.

Mankster 23:05 29 May 03

THANKS a bundle mate will try them in the morning
Thanks also to Belatucadrus ,there must be something there to help me.....cheers.

Mankster 23:11 29 May 03

very interesting,thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…