Number for BT to check up on ADSL speed up-grade

dth 12:24 02 Oct 06

Back in June I got an email from BT asking whether I would like to be up-graded to up to 8mb speed. Free of charge but subject to a fresh 12 months minimum contract.

Registered for the up-grade but nothing seems to have happened. I tried to get an update but after about 10 minutes holding the line - the BT adviser that answered the phone told me to ring another number and select option 8. Phoned this number and guess what there wasn't an option 8!

Can anyone give me the right number to call to check the progress. Many thanks.

brambles 13:55 02 Oct 06

click here

Then complain to BT authoritively if you aren't getting the speed you expect.

Brambles

brambles 14:05 02 Oct 06

Sorry I misread your message. If you have in fact registered properly for the upgrade to 8Mbs you would have had at least two emails. One of these would contain information on how to progress your order & tell you about BT Voice.

If you haven't heard anything I would suggest your upgrade isn't being processed - if it was you would have information about the activation date.

Persevere though because it is worthwhile and the Modem Router you get effectively gives you an extra telephone line - you will be allocated an additional telephone number beginning 05602...where calls are free evenings & all weekend. The one off setup fee is £30.00 but thats reasonable because you are getting a modem/router worth £60 for free.

There is a very proactive CD setup which makes everything easy.

Hope some of this helps

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video