number analysis software

pookie 15:42 24 Mar 12

Good afternoon,

Can anyone recommend data mining, number analysis software. Doesn't have to be a free version. Ideally I will import number data, certain condictions and results and be able to analysis it to forecast future trends etc. I am no good at Excel, macros etc but have been storing the data in Excel. I have read about stock market trend programmes and data mining programmes that can be easy to use and read the results but I don't know the best ones and each thread promotes a different make.

Do you recommend anything? Price wise less than £100 I guess.

Thanks

johnnyrocker 21:36 24 Mar 12

would on line calculators be of any use?

johnny

rdave13 21:43 24 Mar 12

Over my head,well over really, have a look at the search engine results.

First page McAfee site advisor shows OK.

pookie 11:12 25 Mar 12

thanks for the replies. That's part of the problem - I have searched on google but there are just so many and each is naturally going to say they are better than their competitors.

spuds 12:18 25 Mar 12

Perhaps not the answers you are seeking, but have you considered downloading a trial program that are advertised, and see if that fits your needs, before purchasing?.

The other possible alternative might be, is to contact a local university, college or local library who runs courses for data collection, and see what they might suggest or offer?.

pookie 12:23 25 Mar 12

Dear spuds,

I am trying a few trials at the moment but I think you're right about courses. I am struggling with some of the trails as importing the data into them is ok but trying to read the results correctly - oh dear!

Thanks again

Forum Editor 18:06 25 Mar 12

Some of the best stock market data analysis tools are subscription-based. They work that way because the software needs a constant refresh of market status.

click here to see more

pookie 18:51 25 Mar 12

Thanks! That is a great link :-) I am going to post this as complete now as the rest is up to me really

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to Draw Realistic Female Superheroes

Best Mac security tips: 11 maximum security tricks to keep your Mac safe