number analysis software

pookie 15:42 PM 24 Mar 12

Good afternoon,

Can anyone recommend data mining, number analysis software. Doesn't have to be a free version. Ideally I will import number data, certain condictions and results and be able to analysis it to forecast future trends etc. I am no good at Excel, macros etc but have been storing the data in Excel. I have read about stock market trend programmes and data mining programmes that can be easy to use and read the results but I don't know the best ones and each thread promotes a different make.

Do you recommend anything? Price wise less than £100 I guess.

Thanks

johnnyrocker 21:36 PM 24 Mar 12

would on line calculators be of any use?

johnny

rdave13 21:43 PM 24 Mar 12

Over my head,well over really, have a look at the search engine results.

First page McAfee site advisor shows OK.

pookie 11:12 AM 25 Mar 12

thanks for the replies. That's part of the problem - I have searched on google but there are just so many and each is naturally going to say they are better than their competitors.

spuds 12:18 PM 25 Mar 12

Perhaps not the answers you are seeking, but have you considered downloading a trial program that are advertised, and see if that fits your needs, before purchasing?.

The other possible alternative might be, is to contact a local university, college or local library who runs courses for data collection, and see what they might suggest or offer?.

pookie 12:23 PM 25 Mar 12

Dear spuds,

I am trying a few trials at the moment but I think you're right about courses. I am struggling with some of the trails as importing the data into them is ok but trying to read the results correctly - oh dear!

Thanks again

Forum Editor 18:06 PM 25 Mar 12

Some of the best stock market data analysis tools are subscription-based. They work that way because the software needs a constant refresh of market status.

click here to see more

pookie 18:51 PM 25 Mar 12

Thanks! That is a great link :-) I am going to post this as complete now as the rest is up to me really

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites