NTRL or NDRL file ?!!!

pistacio 20:58 19 Nov 06

Hi,

I was uninstalling BT broadband software from my pc, it crased now when i start the pc it says ntrl file missing please press ctrl alt del i can't get any further than this and it's killing me!
any help much appreciated!

VoG II 21:02 19 Nov 06

Restart, keep tapping the F8 key, you should get a boot menu. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt. At the > prompt type

c:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

and press Enter. This should launch System Restore and go back to before you uninstalled the software.

pistacio 20:36 26 Nov 06

I can't actually get a reatcion from pressing f8 or get a boot menu, I just get asked to press f1 or del to go to setup. if i press f1 it takes me to the messahe about ntrl missing!

Hertz Van Rentyl 21:21 26 Nov 06

Have you got an external drive at all and is it turned on when you try to boot.

pistacio 21:25 26 Nov 06

no external drive, just normal desktop with no added bits.

Hertz Van Rentyl 23:06 26 Nov 06

This may help click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:10 26 Nov 06

NTLDR Missing
If you have FAT32 partitions, it is much simpler than with NTFS. Just boot with a Win98 floppy and copy the NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM files from the i386 directory to the root of the C:\ drive.

For NTFS:
Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1 Enter in the administrator password when requested Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive) COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ Take out the CD ROM and type exit

pistacio 18:38 03 Dec 06

don't have any disks. the pc was made fo rme by a famioy friend? can i go out and gett eh correct software. or would it be possibl;e to rescue all the data get a new machine (which i wanted to do about now anyway) and whack it on there. any help would be seriously appreciated!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:57 03 Dec 06

Down load the 6 floppy boot disks from click here

sydhall 13:09 13 Feb 07

NTLDRis missing

Sorry if Cannot Get to Hard Drive: Visit this site and download Floopy/information this will allow you to make a Boot-Up-Disc:
When the computer boots up? Just copy NTLDR File from Floppy to C:\ Driv
on to the computer

Simple "ntldr is missing" fix with boot floppy or CD, then fix HD
How to fix: NTLDR is missing, press any key to restart. What happened? ... Use the boot disk in the computer with the "NTLDR is missing" error. ...
click here -

Syd.

keef66 13:44 13 Feb 07

if you were planning to buy a new pc anyway, go ahead, then take out the hard drive from your old pc and attach it to the new one as a slave so you can retrieve anything you want to keep.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…