ntoskrnl.exe BSOD - on boot-up XP

onthelimit1 02 Jan 13

Aging Mesh blue screens after a users password is entered. Perfectly OK in Safe Mode. Have tried changing Ram. Removed video card and tried using on-board. Used CCleaner to stop all progs on boot. Ran malwarebytes. Any other thought before I restore to factory settings?

Thanks

onthelimit1 02 Jan 13

Should have mentioned, no new hardware or deliberate driver updates. System Restore did not help.

SillBill 02 Jan 13
  SillBill 02 Jan 13

ny = any

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 02 Jan 13

in Safe Mode

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

or try a system restore in safe mode

lots of possibles here

onthelimit1 03 Jan 13

Thanks. Have run chkdsk and scannow with no change. Message 'unable to complete System Restore'. Any further thoughts?

Chronos the 2nd 03 Jan 13

ntoskrnl.exe BSOD. Is a pain as it can have many many causes so rather than me giving advice have a look here. Microsoft.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 03 Jan 13

Did you look at my last link here?

Missing or corrupt files is most likely cause.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London in 1 minute with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse film

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message