ntoskrnl.exe blocked

dms05 08:38 08 Mar 06

I've just started to getting a pop-up message saying 'ntoskrnl.exe blocked'. I'm running XP Home with Sygate Firewall, MS Defender and Avast. Any ideas why the ntkrnl should be blocked and should I try to unblock this action?

vinnyT 13:11 08 Mar 06

Take a look at this forum click here

surfmonkey #:@} 13:16 08 Mar 06

ntoskrnl.exe is a critical process in the boot-up cycle of your computer Should not be disabled allow in sygate you wont get the message again

dms05 15:02 08 Mar 06

Thanks for the info. I had also found other forum threads covering the same topic. It seems ntoskrnl.exe can take independent action if it doesn't receive the answer it was expecting during what it sees as a 'close down' procedure. I have used Sygate for years without problems but on a new laptop it is causing massive problems on boot and shut down. I can set all the manual actions and it's OK for one closedown followed by a boot but the next cycle repeats all the previous problems. If I disable Sygate the problem disappears. So I'm taking the easiest solution - discontinuing Sygate in favour of another Firewall.

vinnyT 11:03 10 Mar 06

Welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…