ntlworld not working properly

FaerieWings 13:44 07 Mar 03

I am on ntlworld dial up service and lately when I use the net lots of pages cannot be displayed.
I also have lost my mail box icon on the internet connection page, I have to access my mail box by clicking on news groups and entering that way. Where has it gone?! Would these problems be fixed by going onto broad band? My emails are having difficulty getting through as well sometimes, and i get the message pop3 server may not be working properly etc.

TBH1 16:37 07 Mar 03

I use ntl dial-up and have experienced no problems apart from a couple of times last week the webmail service was unavailable.A good site to have a look at is click here - - -dispite the name it is not just for knockin ntl.
Some helpful people there

FaerieWings 17:28 07 Mar 03

thanks TBH1 thats a really interesting site. It did say that there had been problems with emails that have since been fixed but I am still wondering why so many pages are unavailable and why it's so slow.

woodchip 17:47 07 Mar 03

If you still use Gearbox, you would be better off removing it from Add/Remove and just use IE and Outlook Express. Will it still dial-up this is the number I use 12630 800 5190100

TBH1 00:37 08 Mar 03

yep, with woodchip there - - -have read one or two threads here about gearbox and deleted it as soon as I read the first. Not sure what it did but my dial-up has had no adverse effects from getting rid of it.

Richard Madeley 00:44 08 Mar 03

Ntl Mail is on and off like a light switch lately. Just keep send/receiving. It's not your computer, don't worry.

I also get Page can not be displayed if lots of windows are open. just click refresh and it tries again and usually works.

Gearbox often hangs or loses the Ntl homepage.
I tend to ctrl/alt/delete - End Task it if this happens and just use IE.

IT'S NTL NOT YOU. DON'T WORRY.

FaerieWings 01:20 09 Mar 03

Richard, are you on dial up or broadband? because I was wondering whether the service would be better but I don't really need the expense of it if it is no better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…