Ntlworld email account

Ronyap 21:04 29 May 08

Hi all,
I have an email account, however, I have kinda messed with the firefoxsettings and now I cant open any email messages.Whenever I click on a email, it just refreshes the page, and the email doesnt open! Any ideas? Thanks!

karmgord 21:37 29 May 08

i think you will find ntlworld e-mail accounts are now closed

Ronyap 21:38 29 May 08

Ok then Virgin media

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:06 29 May 08

Firefox is a web browser not for reading e-mail do you mean thunderbird??

Strawballs 22:13 29 May 08

Mine is still @ntlworld.com they are not going to change existing accounts.

woodchip 23:42 29 May 08

E-Mail Accounts stay the same, but you must have changed your mail account settings for it not to work as Firefox would not do this, its a browser not mail client

BT 08:09 30 May 08

You can access your email directly from the Virgin Homepage. Log in and choose 'Mail' at the top of the screen.

Ronyap 20:34 31 May 08

Gosh >< I know how to access my mail. I used 'Firefox' internet browser to access my mail, like how I use 'Firefox' to access my Google mail and Hotmail. Maybe I wasnt clear ><. Anyways, I have found out that the page would constantly refresh....and I still cant access my messages...

Any help appreciated

brundle 20:40 31 May 08

Does it happen if you use Internet Explorer?
"I have kinda messed with the firefoxsettings" is a bit vague - run it in safe mode and/or create a new profile. click here

Ronyap 17:52 24 Sep 08

Ok, So I finally found out the solution by
accident.

For people in the same situation I hope this helps.

In my case, it was the Skype Firefox Addon which was causing all the problems. All you have to do is uninstall that or disable it and everything will be fine :D

Tools>Add-ons

bristolgirl 13:49 17 Apr 09

Hi, I hope that you can help again! I've decided to have a day of getting things sorted.

I think my Firefox browser is corrupted. In Google Mail, I can only open one email. If I try to return to my emails, the page constantly refreshes. I do not have this problem in IE. There are other quirks too, such as not be always being able to open links.

If you can help, I do need nice easy steps.

Many thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…