Ntlworld Dial-up connection not working

coolteentom 11:00 06 Oct 04

My friend has a problem with a ntlworld dial-up connection.

When he tries to connect, it gets to the authenticication message, then tells him the user name or password is invalid. He has tried re-doing the connection many times, but with the same result.

I have also checked the Ntlworld Server Status Page.

Has anyone got any ideas??

Win XP SP1.

Thanks

tom

pj123 11:19 06 Oct 04

Just a thought. I had a friend who had to redo his computer from the beginning. When he put NTL back on it gave the same message. He was convinced he was putting the right password in. He rang the NTL helpdesk and, after answering some security questions they told him his password. NTL passwords must have a number on the end. He had the right password but had forgotten it needed a number as well. For example he knew his password was, lets say, apples but with NTL he had forgot it has a 1 on the end (or whatever number you like). Problem sorted. Ring the helpdesk on 0800 052 2000 and, unusually for an ISP they will tell you your ID and password over the phone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…