ntlworld connection, btopenworld email address

atomic1975 18:06 15 Jun 03

I hope somebody can help me! I have a PC running Windows 98SE with an internet connection to ntlworld through the family phoneline. My email address, however, is a btopenworld address. My problem is while I can receive emails, I cannot send or access newsgroups. My email connection goes through the ntlworld connection.

I would appreciate any help!

[email protected]

Lú-tzé 19:36 15 Jun 03

Two things to check:

the smtp mail server - it will have to be the smtp mail server of ntl not BT.

So too with the news servers - incoming and outgoing. Do you have the settings for ntl newsservers? These, rather than BT will have to be entered on your machine.

nyleridedog 15:02 16 Jun 03

check with ntl as some isp's ban emails getting sent thru their network for other isp.

dth 15:26 16 Jun 03

Although you can receive emails without problems to be able to send emails (using your btopenworld address) you need to be connected to the internet using a btopenworld connection.

TBH1 21:11 16 Jun 03

dth is absolutely correct - - - you can usually collect emali from all accounts, no matter what isp your on, but only able to send from the account your signed onto ---ie, ntlworld

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…