obbit 21:43 04 Aug 04

interesting reading.

accord 22:13 04 Aug 04

cheers for that.

JYPX 22:17 04 Aug 04

Smiler, thanks from me also.

Tim1964 00:12 05 Aug 04

Translation.......

"The Email hardware we bought was supposed to be the 'latest/greatest thing' but in fact it turned out to be just cheap and nasty and not what we paid millions for. Of course the real reason the email fails every other day is because of our stupid customers who insist on sending messages electronically rather than by the 'good old post office' and who STILL expect the service that they PAY for."

"It's OK though because we're putting up the speeds for free soon so that will keep 'em quiet."

billyliv 00:58 05 Aug 04

Hi, Why the dig at NTL?. I have been a cable customer since 'Telecential' laid the cables a long time ago. Apart from the odd glitch now and again, I am more than happy with the service provided. Teething troubles are a part of life, You even get them in the space program and what is more high tech. than that? Cheers, Bill.
(PS. If NTL needs a salesman I am avaliable.)

Tim1964 01:15 05 Aug 04

We lost our BB service from midnight Saturday to midday Monday. As NTL have laid off there customer service staff, there isn't any way of reporting a fault until 8am on a Monday!! So if your service goes down at 5:01pm on a Saturday, you can't tell them till the Monday and THEN they will look into it. The CS advisor also said that they don't act on the calls until the 3rd person phones in.

My comment in the previous thread was about the fact that companies always blame the customer when their systems fall over. Remeber the 'FREE' NTL dial up offer of a few years ago? NTL said "the delay in sending out the discs (6months) was due to unpresidented demand..."

Lets think.....We giving something for free that other companies are charging £15 /month for...I wonder if anybody will go for it...... D'UH!!

Smiler 10:01 05 Aug 04

This is not a dig at ntl it's to let people know the reasons for the problems they are ahaving with e-mails at the moment. Thge article is a response from chief executive of ntl, Simon Duffy to the question by cable forum. I think it explains a lot so why haven't they made a statement on thier website so that all their customers know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…