ntl+firefox help needed

picklsey 10:23 18 Jan 05

hi all i,m over at my daughters trying to help out.what i have done so far is install firefox and as she is totaly new to pc i am looking for an easy email client for her to use.myself i am with aol so i have no experience on using any other email service,as i say my daughter is completely new to pc,s she just about nows how to switch it on so the internet is a different world to her.i have installed all the protection that has been recommended by members of this form so a nice easy to use email and how to set it up would be great thanks.

picklsey 10:25 18 Jan 05

sorry i meant to say xp home sp2

busybaz 10:42 18 Jan 05

Why not stick with the Mozilla (i.e. Firefox)brand & try Thunderbird? See PC Advisor March 2005 page 17, download from click here

Diodorus Siculus 10:45 18 Jan 05

Mozilla Thunderbird; perfect compliment to Firefox.

click here

picklsey 10:47 18 Jan 05

thanks for that is it easy to set up as i havn,t had to set up an email client in years.

Diodorus Siculus 10:53 18 Jan 05

Name: Real name

email: the address from NTL

incoming server: as NTL details

smpt / outgoing server - again, as from NTL

Diodorus Siculus 10:53 18 Jan 05

Yes, simple and when installed will provide a wizard for you to follow.

picklsey 10:53 18 Jan 05

ok downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird trying to set it up i,m stuck.think i,ve got the name part right but on the email part is it the one ntl gave her or what do you put in here.

Diodorus Siculus 10:54 18 Jan 05

Something funny -PCA must have fixed the time!

Diodorus Siculus 10:56 18 Jan 05

.: BIT.net Thunderbird Guide :.
click here

Chezdez 11:00 18 Jan 05

personally, i don't like thunderbird. tried it for a week before going back to outlook. thunderbir just isn't as functional

stick with outlook

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…