//some 3rd party need geo

ntldr+viruses

psham 23:33 29 Jun 06

I am having a disagreement with my tech support company, they found the mytob.j virus on my hard drive when they came to fix my computer, they say that it was this virus caused the ntldr error and have to charge call out as a result. My hard drive crashed a couple of months ago with missing boot.ini files but no virus was present at that stage... Is there any way to find out for sure was it or not the virus or just a hard ware problem

johnnyrocker 23:35 29 Jun 06

i doubt it but there again someone might know better, what av do you have? because it might appear you do not have adequate.

johnny.

psham 23:43 29 Jun 06

the pc was on a network running through a belkin router, system suite 6 is on the server but no av was installed on the pc in question.. even so i need to get a definative answer as the company is trying to charge €1200 for fixing the problem.

johnnyrocker 23:54 29 Jun 06

doubt you got much chance with no av. i also doubt you will get a "definitive" answer from anyone not familiar with your set up

johnny.

psham 23:57 29 Jun 06

thats grand, ill just wait a while to see if anyone can come up with anything cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…