ntldr replaced, but still asking for it in bios

second best 14:04 12 Jan 04

hi all, i had a previous thread but it was getting long. anyway this is a new development so i hope we can ppick it up from here. i have two hdd. one went bad about three or four weeks ago, so i installed my os on my second drive so i could check the other out. never found the problem so copied my docs to new drive, and formatted the other. then wehn i tried t oboot using the 2nd drive, my ntldr file was missing. i have had this prob before so knew what to odo. however, this hasnt worked. i have copied the filed over using the recovery console: copy x:\i386\ ntldr and the other ntdetect but it is still asking me for ntldr in bios and the new drive wont boot. im tired. i have installed os on the original drive that went bad, and, well, here i am. i have also managed to aquire three boot options which are three versions of the os - xp pro. what have i done, or can i do. i want to fix the other drive so it will boot. ui have maxed out my install times and i cant activate on the new installtion.

franki3 16:25 12 Jan 04

Did you remenber to copy over the boot.ini file which is a hidden file

second best 16:27 13 Jan 04

no. where is it hidden. what do i need to do?

second best 17:02 13 Jan 04

i have tried to oedit the boot.ini file n my D drive. the one that i cant boot frm, but there doenst seems to be any info there. i have followd instructions to edit the boot.ini file on my C drive using cmd in th erun command. when i type: edit boot.ini nothing apears except the blank blue dos screen, where as if i do it with my C drive, i get access to the boot.ini file. would this mean that the boot.ini file may be missing on my D drive, thus not allowing it to boot???

reaths 18:38 13 Jan 04

formatted slave drive with XP using master with 98
on it,tried to install slave as master NTLDR missing fault.NTLDR is from 98 & 95.Booted with
98 cd rom then did XP installation from 98 no problems.you can also use XP floppy as this is on this

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…