NTLDR is missing - Que?

cooldog 13:29 23 May 03

That's what is said. Please call me an idiot at when you've read the rest of this..

Installed an AMD Athlon XP2000+ thoroughbred onto an ECU K7S6A mobo, hooked up all my peris

Switched it on using a new PSU and when the Bios tries to work through it all it comes up with

Verifying DMI pool data and then NTLDR is missing, please restart..

Was running XP on it before, what my options guys?

A solid laymans solution would be rewarded with kind thanks.

Am i asking too much in not reinstalling XP when swapping this stuff around.. (it was originally installed on a FAT 32 ME drive, does this conflict in anyway.

thanks a bunch

Elrond 13:50 23 May 03

Do a search on the MS knowledgebase and that should find you a resolution

Tog 14:28 23 May 03

Make sure you don't have a floppy in the drive

Squall 14:37 23 May 03

is the file that starts the boot process on Windows Xp, 2000 and NT.

If you don't have a floppy disk in your drive, you can probably download the files needed to create a boot disk, do you have access to another computer?

Legolas 14:51 23 May 03

click here see if this helps

cooldog 11:48 24 May 03

thanks for the advice although i'm not sure whether it solves anything. Before intsalling the new CPU and mobo, i already had xp running through a scsi adapter on a small 4gb separate drive. I then bought an 80gb drive for all the entertainment and software i was downloading and copied xp to this drive just in case!

Would the Bios be looking in the wrong place for XP?

Cant find a boot up disc for xp.

the ms knowledge base doesn't sound like it solves my problem either.

beeuuem 14:36 24 May 03

Afraid I don't know the answer, but maybe it is in here somewhere click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…