NTLDR missing, now c:

mrdsgs 18:10 28 Jun 03

please help!

In reconfiguring a Windows 200 system that seemed to have a c: partition with system files but d: partition "active" i have manged to delete something

i got the NTLDR is missing, did sys c: and now all I get is a C: prompt.

How do i get into Windoows 2000?

is it something to do with master boot record

I have tried to copy boot.ini from another machine but it never appears on the floppy!

please help

mike

barrie_g 18:36 28 Jun 03

I belive (though I could be wrong) that NTLDR is one of the first parts of windows NT to LOAD ie. it sets up the rest of windows and gets everything to load in the right order if this is deleted or corrupt then the only course of action would be a reinstall as you will NOT be able to get into windows, even in safe mode, though I would not know if you might be able to replace it through DOS.

mrdsgs 18:39 28 Jun 03

thanks

i will reinstall tomorrow unless someone can suggest a solutio

please help

mike

mrdsgs 18:43 28 Jun 03

everything such as winnt directory is still there in c: because i can see it from dos

is there any way to repair the boot record or tell the sytem to boot to Windows 2000 rather than c:

pleae help

mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…