ntldr is missing alt delete to start

nonowtatall 20:29 28 Jan 14

switched computer on yesterday and this came on ntldr is missing clt-alt-delete to restart i have tried all of this and nothing happens i am on xp pro my friend said try the bios but cannot get that open is there some way of repairing it i am on my friends laptop

lotvic 21:16 28 Jan 14

Is the problem pc also XP?

Check that you haven't left a cd, dvd, usb flash drive, SD card inserted, it maybe trying to boot from a non-bootable source.

Follow the troubleshooting steps explained on click here back on here when you've tried all 12.

Terry Brown 09:46 01 Feb 14

Does the Computer have more than one drive?

Chances are the boot order has changed and it is trying to start from a non-boot drive.

The solution is to get into the setup, normally by pressing a key at startup, the startup screen will tell you which key.

You can then change the boot order, or your BIOS may have a smart start option, this lists all the drives available and gives you about 4 seconds to select the drive you want to boot from.

Terry

xania 09:47 13 Feb 14

I had exactly the same problem. Here's how I resolved it. Insert the windows install cd and go through to recovery console. Type in the following commands:

copy d:\i386\ntldr c:\ copy d:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

Reboot. If you now fine you are missing hal.dll

go back to recovery console and type in

bootcfg /rebuild, type Y in response to the first question and when asked to enter OS load options, type /Fastdetect

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5