NTLDR is missing

ened 17:54 01 Oct 06

and that is the message I get when I attempt to boot.
There is the normal POST then a black screen with the above message and instructing me to press ctl/alt/del.
Help

Zeppelyn 18:00 01 Oct 06

Try this :-

click here

Carpigiani 18:02 01 Oct 06

If you are lucky all it could be is a floppy disc left in the drive.

If not take a look at this click here

geewis357 18:18 01 Oct 06

I confess, that happened to me, I forgot about the floppy I left in from the previouse day (I felt a proper plonker) we learn|

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:27 01 Oct 06

NTLDR Missing
If you have FAT32 partitions, it is much simpler than with NTFS. Just boot with a Win98 floppy and copy the NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM files from the i386 directory to the root of the C:\ drive.

For NTFS:
Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1 Enter in the administrator password when requested Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive) COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ Take out the CD ROM and type exit

ened 18:55 01 Oct 06

I have had enough today so I will read all this and try it tomorrow.

I haven't left a floppy in the drive.

I shall report back tomorrow.

Thanks again

ened 14:22 02 Oct 06

Here is the problem: it seems the only way to resolve this is to use the cd to boot. But the cd is not recognised when booting.
I have a 10gb disc and a 160.
The small one is so addled with virus/worms and dodgy programmes (it isn't mine I hasten to add) that I wanted to stick xp on the large one then move the good stuff off the small one.

Because the disc won't boot I stuck the large one as a slave and installed xp by accessing the disc through My Computer.
I then took the original disc out and made this one the main disc.

Now I have this problem.

Is it redeemable?

ianeon 14:38 02 Oct 06

click here Try this

Sethhaniel 14:41 02 Oct 06

click here

all to do with Microsoft WGA

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:38 02 Oct 06

Because the disc won't boot I stuck the large one as a slave and installed xp by accessing the disc through My Computer.
I then took the original disc out and made this one the main disc.

You have installed XP onto another drive but NTLDR and NTdetect are written to the master drive during the install procedure (i.e. your old 10g drive)

Boot wih win98 floppy select with CDrom support
at the A:\ propmt copy the files as in my above post

same thing just happened to me this everning NTLDR missing???

problem was my bios had been altered/corupted??? dont now how
but on entering the bios and checking the settings found that some had been altered and that i had lost my sata drive with operating system on.. enabled that and all ok again : )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…