ntldr missing

stourry 10:21 27 Aug 05

can anyone help my daughter has a warning last night memory full so she removed lots of programmes from her system but problem remained on re-booting system stopped at boot up saying ntldr missing.
she has sempron 2200 512 mb ddr 2700,8gb h/d win xp pro has anyone come across thsi problem.I have advised her to re-install win if she can by changing bios to boot from cd rom she knows she needs a larger h/d and will get when money permits
thanks in advance for all assistance

bremner 10:23 27 Aug 05

Just to cover the obvious - she hasn't got a floppy disk in the drive has she.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:27 27 Aug 05

NTLDR Missing
If you have FAT32 partitions, it is much simpler than with NTFS. Just boot with a Win98 floppy and copy the NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM files from the i386 directory to the root of the C:\ drive.

Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1 Enter in the administrator password when requested Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive) COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ Take out the CD ROM and type exit

stourry 00:44 28 Aug 05

thanks and nothere was no disc in the floppy
we wilol try this and come bakc if all else fails
once gain help at hand when needed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…