I have WXP Pro installed.
When I came to start up today I get the message
"NTLDR is missing - press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"
I cannot get passed this with anything.
HELP

VoG II 08:20 02 Sep 04
  GANDALF <|:-)> 08:21 02 Sep 04
  GANDALF <|:-)> 08:42 02 Sep 04

If you do not have an XP disk all you need to do is copy C:/i386/NTLDR and C:/i386/ntdetect.exe to a floppy, insert floppy and the computer will boot up; you then need to copy the files back to your HD clicking on 'yes' to any 'are you sure you want to replace this file' prompts.

I'm sure someone will send these to you if you cannot get them, they total about 300kb. I'm not at home but if no one does and you are still having problems email me and I'll send them to you this evening.

G

spanneress 09:37 02 Sep 04

Have you got a floppy in? I have been called out to this error a few times only to find the customer has left a floppy in the drive.

Just a thought.

Magic VI 10:02 02 Sep 04

Hi again,
1. No floppy in the A drive.
2. It will not even boot from the XP disc.

I am going to have a go at the
create a bootable disc for NTFS partition
Keep you posted

Magic VI 11:23 02 Sep 04

Hi,
Boy, am I pleased with myself.
None of the workarounds let me into the system - boot disc, copying the i386 files etc. and I was panicking bigtime.
SOLUTION
I switched off and switched on again and kept tapping the delete key until BIOS appeared and I was then able to change the boot order to take the XPPro CD ROM first I then re-installed XP Pro and I am up-and-running.
Time for a coffee.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…