NTLDR is missing

menorcarob2 12:06 15 Dec 03

i have xp pro and a 80gb hdd with a qdi advance 9 mobo, when i tried to load xp it went through the motions and then gave a blue screen with alot of guff about shadowing ect, i have turn this off in my bios, but i get the error message NTLDR is missing, can anybody help.

Chegs ® 12:10 15 Dec 03

Either use the Recovery Console to replace it(copy xxx to xxx)or Repair option,then redownload all the updates afresh.

menorcarob2 12:16 15 Dec 03

i cant get that far it goes thru post then gives the error message

Chegs ® 12:24 15 Dec 03

Windows XP users

Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:
copy ntdetect.com c:
Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from

the computer and reboot.

from click here

xplogos.com 12:31 15 Dec 03

I know this may sound foolish but...

The main time people get this error message is when they leave a floppy disk in the drive...

Wassie 22:27 12 Jan 04

thanks for interest and possible solutions-but I have no bootable cd, can't open Windows, no floppy disc in drive.Would a MOS Startup disc created on a laptop(running same programme be of any use?....or could the upgrade memory chip (generic} be at fault even though recognised in bios and memory self test in POST as ok ?. when NTLDR missing shows,it is followed by press- ctrl- alt- del which brings up the BIOS (main tab) again - back to 'square 3' again but as least I can shut down from power button on the case instead of power strip.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…