NTLDR is missing...

MjM Hellfire 21:42 04 Aug 03

Trying to install XP Pro

Have reformatted hard drive 3 times, including using both NTFS and FAT32. I'm sure the hard drive is damaged. It freezes on scandisk, reports that hard ware is incompatible and generally causes a lot of bother.

I tried to install Win2000 as well, but that won't work either.

What is the NTLDR and can it be fixed? Cheers!

VoG II 21:47 04 Aug 03
  MjM Hellfire 21:55 04 Aug 03

Cheers VOG, although I did not upgrade from a previous version, which is strange.

Any other ideas?

VoG II 21:58 04 Aug 03

click here some ideas

Chegs ® 22:16 04 Aug 03

I had the same message trying to install XP Pro,I tried alsorts to solve it including buying another XP install disc.I still had major hassles sorting it,even taking the install disc to my daughters puter,and copying the NTLDR file from the cdr to a floppy,so that I could replace the missing file via DOS,but NTFS DOS(xp's version of it)wouldn't recognise the SATA drives,so I couldn't do anything with it.I eventually got XP installed to the SATA drive by altering the hdd's to scsi in BIOS,and keep getting problems due to XP "forgetting" the SATA drivers,so it refuses to boot.(but thats another thread :-) )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…