NTLDR

mozzano 23:46 04 Feb 07

i need serious help. one of my pc's has developed a problem. when i boot up it comes up with the message NTLDR is missing. is there a way to fix this. i have lost my copy of windows for that pc. i cant use the one for this pc as i onle have a single licence and they both are used online.

skidzy 23:47 04 Feb 07
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:00 05 Feb 07

If you have FAT32 partitions, it is much simpler than with NTFS. Just boot with a Win98 floppy and copy the NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM files from the i386 directory to the root of the C:\ drive.

For NTFS:
Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1 Enter in the administrator password when requested Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive) COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ Take out the CD ROM and type exit

mozzano 16:58 05 Feb 07

Thanx for the advice, i'll have to try it and let you all know.

mozzano

sydhall 17:49 05 Feb 07

NTLDR is missing:
Click on to your C:\Drive:
Click on to TOOLS at the top: Then Folder options; [VEIW]
TICK show hidden Folders:

NTLDR Folder will then be Visible: Copy and paste to Floppy or USB Stick.

Just copy and paste to C:\ Drive on the problem computer: PROBLEM SOLVED.
Syd.

sydhall 18:27 05 Feb 07

Sorry if Cannot Get to Hard Drive: Visit this site and download Floopy/information this will allow you to make a Boot-Up-Disc:
When the computer boots up? Just copy NTLDR File from Floppy to C:\ Driv
on to the computer

Simple "ntldr is missing" fix with boot floppy or CD, then fix HD
How to fix: NTLDR is missing, press any key to restart. What happened? ... Use the boot disk in the computer with the "NTLDR is missing" error. ...
click here -

Syd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…