sidmo 12:16 13 Mar 05

i need to know where this file is meant to be in windows.

ntldr file is missing and so i downloaded the file and now i need to know where its meant to go.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:22 13 Mar 05

NTLDR Missing
If you have FAT32 partitions, it is much simpler than with NTFS. Just boot with a Win98 floppy and copy the NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM files from the i386 directory to the root of the C:\ drive.

Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1 Enter in the administrator password when requested Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive) COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ Take out the CD ROM and type exit

sidmo 12:30 13 Mar 05

the hard drive with windows on is a fat32 the hard drive it wont detect is a ntfs.

the ntldr file isnt in the i386 folder. i got it on a floppy. and this may make me look stupid but what do u mean copy it to the root of the c drive.

whats the root?

sidmo 12:49 13 Mar 05

sorry about this fruit bat,my daughter is trying to put this problem right while I'm working on another computers problems ( I hadn't told her I had converted all drives to NTFS). All drives are NTFS. I have already tried your suggestion for repair and it hasn't worked.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:54 13 Mar 05

Just copy to c:\ root of drive is c: where all your folders go.

root = c:\

folder = c:\program files or c:\windows

from floppy DOS command prompt would look like:

A:\Copy ntldr c:

sidmo 13:02 13 Mar 05

Further info: we only get this message when adding old hard drive as slave. The slave is picked up in bios but then we cannot get any further as we get the ntldr message

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…