NTL - Using more than 3 computers

akzah 20:35 29 Jun 05

Hi

I just signed up to ntl for a student house. I was unaware that there policy states that you cannot have more than 3 computers running on the connection. (should be installed on Sat)

I have a Wireless Router. So in theory I connect the modem they have given to the Wireless Router and then I can use as many computers as I want??

Is that correct? As if not I think I might cancel. Surely they can't work out how many computers are behind the router.

Thanks for in advance

Pusherman 20:52 29 Jun 05

with a four port router and I mentioned this to one of the support guys the other day and he didn't say anything.

As long as you keep within your monthly download limits I don't see why it should be a problem. The FAQ's on the ntlhome website don't mention there being any sort of limit.

Pusherman.

woodchip 20:53 29 Jun 05

Well how are they going to know how many you have connecred

akzah 20:57 29 Jun 05

There exact policy word states:

"You must not connect more than three (3) PC's to the Broadband Services at any one time."

Exactly what I am thinking woodchip? as far as they can see will be the Routers MAC Address. Nothing else behind?

VoG II 20:58 29 Jun 05

Nope, just the router.

Strawballs 21:49 29 Jun 05

A friend of mine has 5 computers and an X Box both wired and wireless on his NTL BB connection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…