NTL Technical Support

pj123 14:58 01 May 05

Have a problem with my NTL BB service.

Over the last 4 or 5 days I have had to reset my Set top box to be able to log on to NTL BB.

So, I thought I would ring them and get my connection changed from the set top box to a modem. I have been upgraded to the 2mb service but because my set top is a Pace it cannot cope with 2mb and is restricted to 1mb. To get the 2mb I have to have the set top changed for one which will accept 2mb. Having gone through all the option selections I now get a message:

"the office is now closed" and even worse because it is a Bank Holiday I will have to wait until Tuesday to be able to get assistance. What sort of service is that?

keith-236785 15:02 01 May 05

Broadband Technical Support 0845 650 0121*
8am- midnight 7 days a week

this is from click here / help / contact NTL / call

keith-236785 15:09 01 May 05

sorry, once on ntlworld, hover your cursor over help in the purplebar, go down to contact ntl, then put in your postcode, then click on CALL.

there you will find the phone number

pj123 15:25 01 May 05

paperman27, Tried that. They can't help. Have to call Customer Service (which is now not available until Tuesday 3rd May. Again what sort of service is that?

agarm11 18:56 01 May 05

I know how you feel pj123, believe me! Our NTL (TV & Broadband) went off in the early ours of Christmas morning and we didnt get it back for 3 days. All lines closed and not even an option to leave a message. Over the last 3 months it goes off at least once a month for 24 hours.

stalion 18:59 01 May 05

once bitten twice shy

TonyV 20:09 01 May 05

The fact that you have paid for a service does not mean that you can expect to get a good service!! As far as ntl are concerned, send them an invoice for the lost time you have incurred. If you talk money at them they may be interested, but don't hold your breath!! I've said it before and will say it again, there service on all three services I had from them for a year was terrible. The other alternative is to withhold a months payment ie. stop the Direct Debit for a month until such time as they correct their problem!! I suspect they will then leap in to action! I wish you luck.

pj123 10:55 02 May 05

Thanks for the comments everyone. Just tried again for customer service and someone answered. Everything now sorted. Have now been switched from settop box to a modem. NTL engineer booked for Tuesday 10th May.

Will tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…