NTL server down?

Effie 22:07 03 Feb 05

I'm asking this on behalf of a friend,

Please does anyone know if the NTL server is down in the Sunderland area? The NTL helpline has finished for the day so no help there ahd the website doesn't tell me of any problems in the area but my friend cant get online ?? why

Help Please

stalion 23:08 03 Feb 05

^^

octal 23:16 03 Feb 05

You're getting no replies from the Sunderland area, it could be the server is down so no one can see your post to answer, just a thought.

Alan H E 23:19 03 Feb 05

Looked on Service status page of NTL site - says there is a network failure affecting Leeds York Harrogate Middlesborough & huddersfield - posted at 2000 today - seems a bit to far away tho.

Effie 08:38 04 Feb 05

Yes,NTL in Leeds/York is too far away geographically to affect service in the Sunderland NTL and that seemingly only lasted for 15 minutes so they say!

Anyone else having similar problems in Gatehaed/Newcastle as these areas would be closer??

Alan H E 11:42 04 Feb 05

Has your friend got a set top box? If so turn off box at power point for 30 secs & then turn on again. When box has finished rebooting boot up computer. This may fix.

SEASHANTY 13:44 04 Feb 05

When the NTL server is down I usually lose the green SYNC and RDY leds on the cable modem. This is a standalone cable modem tho' but presume similar on STB if using that. As stated above, switch off the modem for a while then reconnect power supply and try a reboot. If the cable modem leds are out then I usually leave till following day when usually, but not always, service is back to normal.
Here in Gtr. Manchester and all is well at mo.

Effie 20:07 05 Feb 05

Thanks Seashanty Yes, my friend has a set top box and has tried your suggestion Alan H, just wondering if its the box itself may be going on the blink. We have had numerous problems with previous NTL set top boxes and have allready had several changed because they werent working properly ! Still no internet today so may have to wait till Monday to get onto NTL to sort it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…