//some 3rd party need geo

NTL problem with ethernet

Legolas 11:40 16 Jan 04

My mate wants to set up his NTL Broadband with ethernet rather than usb but when he tries to install the ethernet from the NTL disk it says he has to uninstall the usb drivers first. This is proving a problem although he has removed them from and they no longer show in devices it is still not alowing him to install the ethernet it still insists he has the usb drivers installed. Any info would be helful.

Big Elf 12:05 16 Jan 04

If the USB is on board won't the drivers re-install every time he boots up?

whatsupdoc 13:44 16 Jan 04

i had the same problem last week when trying to uninstall usb and swapping over to ethernet. im at work at the moment but if it hasnt been fixed when i get home ill tell you how to do it..sorry i cant help at this time, the bosses are around.... i had to install manually cos the ntl cd kept making the system crash...

Legolas 14:12 16 Jan 04

Big Elf I dont think its so much the USB drivers that are the problem but the NTL drivers for using USB with the BB modem. Thanks whatsupdoc I will wait for your next response with anticipation.

I have done this before for a fiends girlfriend having the same problem but I cannot remember what I did although I do remember it was a bit of luck that I discovered how to do it.

Legolas 14:13 16 Jan 04

lol fiends should read friends.....well maybe I was right the first time.

pete-290318 14:16 16 Jan 04

you dont need to swap the drivers ... just unplug the usb and replace it with an rj45 cable and it will work... the ntl bloke did this on mine and no problems at all.

billyliv 14:37 16 Jan 04

Hi,As pete77 says just change your cables, that's all I did when I installed my ethernet router, no problems at all. good luck with it. Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…