ntl multiple e-mail accounts

dfghjkl 19:40 23 Nov 03

hello,i have had an ntl e-mail address for a while,i set up e-mails for the rest of my family,i got 4 extra e-mail accounts but when i go to use any of them i have to fill in a microsoft box first this asks for my server name,i put in ntl but i guess i am making an error because it doesnt work,i can get outlook to open in another name but when i go to use it i get the box again,also i have only managed to change accounts by changing the name while in outlook in my name,then closing outlook then opening it up again and it opens in the changed name,when i click on switch identities it flashes then stays on the same account,can any one help ? i guess i am doing something wrong

dfghjkl 19:44 23 Nov 03

ps xp pro,ie 6

dfghjkl 21:30 23 Nov 03

bump

britto 22:38 23 Nov 03

Are you typing as follows (POP.NTLWORLD.COM)
(SMTP.NTLWORLD.COM)
Without brackets and remember the Dots.

beeuuem 22:51 23 Nov 03

dfghjkl
1/Have you set the mailboxes up on ntl?

2/Have you set up these mailbox settings as new accounts for each Outlook Express identity?

britto 23:07 23 Nov 03

Is this any help, click here

dfghjkl 23:09 23 Nov 03

i set them up on ntl,not sure i understand 2,and britto,i just put ntl in as i didnt know what to put.i will give it a go,thanks

hugh-265156 23:26 23 Nov 03
  hugh-265156 23:30 23 Nov 03

ps.

in outlook express click:

tools/accounts/click the account you want to configure/properties/servers and enter the pop and smtp info here.

beeuuem 23:45 23 Nov 03

Not sure how far you have got. From memory the procedure is something like this:-

Say you set you created a new mailbox for 'Son1'
on ntl.
You need to create a new identity in Outlook Express for Son1
To add a new identity

On the File menu, point to Identities, and then click Add New Identity.
Type the name of the new user.
If you want to include a password for this identity, select the Require a password option, and then enter a password.
Outlook Express asks you if you want to log on as the new user. If you answer yes, you will be prompted for information about your Internet connection. If you answer no, the current user remains logged on.

When you have created the new identity you need to add a mail account so that you can access the mailbox.
When you are in the identity 'Son1' go to 'Tools'>
Accounts. Click on 'Add' then Mail..

The wizard will take you through the setup.
You need to put in [email protected]'( or whatever the new address is) for the address.
In the next page you need pop.ntlworld.com and smtp.ntlworld.com in the boxes.

The next page needs the information you got from ntl Account name eg Son.1 and the new password for this account which will be something like 'b87652345'

And that should be it :-)
If I've gone over things you've already done - apologies in advance.

dfghjkl 20:21 24 Nov 03

thanks chaps i will give it a go and let you know

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…