NTL Modem problem

Jak_1 00:36 17 May 05

os XP-Pro, pentium 3, 512 RAM.

A friend is havig a problem connecting to the net, in short he can't. Modem shows being conected but all he get's is 'Page cannot be displayed. He has been in touch with NTL who reckon it is a modem problem as all settings are fine and he has done a re-install of the os.

I have not been able to see things for myself so I am doing this second hand so to speak. Not being on cable myself but adsl I am unable to help him apart from the obvious things like settings and protocols. Any advice would be welcolme.

maveric 06:49 17 May 05

Try hear click here

Jak_1 15:27 17 May 05

Thanks but does not really solve the problem as he already gas the installation but having reformated and re-installed he getting the page cannot be displayed message even though the diagnostis and modem show he is connected.

I'm just wondering now whether he has configured the firewall to let IE and Outlook express through to the net. Something I will have to find out when I see him. I am also assuming that he has put the NTL software back on also.

Jak_1 00:33 18 May 05

Problem solved. Apparently it was an NTL fault all along requiring an engineer to sort out cable connection outside the house. Seems more than a few peeps in the area were having the same problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…