NTL... making life interesting.

hoodlums 09:17 24 May 04

Hi....

I have had NTl broadband for 5 months, all is well with it. I decided to go for NTL telly and phone too a month or so ago.. all is not well with it. On the odd day I have no channels, on others i have no channel info and don't know what i'm watching and on some days I spend half my time on my hands and knees pulling the card in and out of the slot in the set top box. I have tried to cancel but got the old kipper of a 12 month contract even though i tried to cancel within the cooling off period.

To add insult they sent me a 1 month bill for over £200 including £31.87 for a free set top box rental.

Has anybody else tried to cancel NTL and if so with what result. I'm about to cut the cable, send the box back through the mail and let them chase me through the courts.

Cheers (feel better after all that ranting)

Smiler 09:57 24 May 04

have you had a look here click here to see if you can find a solution

Smiler 16:35 24 May 04

gone back to bed have you?

Chronos 16:43 24 May 04

Hang on, what is that swinging from the tree over there..........

Smiler 17:27 24 May 04

Looks like a hammock to me

Andybear 18:23 24 May 04

Have you actually tried contacting NTL and telling them about the problems you've been experiencing? I recently had cause to do so, with problems with TV set top box and broadband. Everything has now got sorted thanks to the very helpful staff there.

TonyV 20:58 24 May 04

I was with ntl with dialup, TV and phone. I stuck it for the 12 month period, then cancelled it. The service was awful. But beware, when you cancel, unless you immediately cance your Direct Debits they will continue to take money from you. They owe me money from Feb this year, and trying to get them to send a cheque out is absolutely ludicrous. I cannot beleive such a company can behave in such a cavalier fashion. You have been warned. I am constantly being told the cheque is on its way, but it never arrives, I've now been told to give it another month and see if it arrives then. I am not allowed to speak to their accounts department, I have written letters to the CEO, but still nothing. I wish you luck with your machinations with them!!

tamc98 21:20 24 May 04

I had NTL broadband, tv and phone for about 4 years before moving to a non-cabled area which forced me to cancel. I found that the phone and broadband services were very good and very reliable. Not so the tv.
I'm assuming you have a Pace box. I was told NTL were going to replace these with Samsung boxes at one point but they ran out of money so had to stick with the second rate Pace units. Strange how my Pace Sky box works perfectly.
You will never get the interactive service to work properly and the box will crash or turn its self off as and when it feels like it. If you have a problem don't pull the card out instead turn the power off for ten seconds and when turning it back on press the down key on the front of the box.

hoodlums 21:49 24 May 04

LOL... I'm afraid I have to work very hard to pay my huge NTL bills. As much as i would love to spend all day at the keyboard alas i can't.

Thanks for the advice guys

hugh-265156 21:50 24 May 04

give them a call.

my stb started playing up a few weeks back freezing up from time to time and sound spikes and program guide not working,so i rang customer services.

explained the problem and the very next morning i had an engineer call and fit a new stb.

all is now well with the telly :-)

i was informed that some older models of set top boxes can have heat issues and are prone to lock ups and freezing.the new one has better ventilation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…